Working alongside the assigned BMRC Solutions Project Manager, the Automation Consultant is responsible for executing
engineering projects including automation, manufacturing processes, related systems and process improvement. In this role you must be able to write and follow advanced PLC logic and troubleshoot logic
on multiple platforms. You will justify and implement advanced, lean and manufacturing methodologies. You will also specify and work with other engineers on the installation and maintenance of production
You will be providing controls systems/SCADA engineering design and programming. You will work with collegues and clients around the world to assist in the design of instrumentation and control systems for industrial clients. Typical projects involve field surveying, design activities, software engineering, report generation, and other engineering tasks. To succeed in this role, you would have hands-on experience on multiple automation platforms and have strong analytical skills.
- Responsible for SCADA system designs including development of block diagrams, control system network and communications systems, schematics, panel layouts and I&C plan drawings.
- Programming of PLCs and/or DCS and SCADA HMI applications.
- Utilize AutoCAD, Microstation, or equivalent to complete drawings.
- Write structured, well-documented, defect-free PLC code in multiple IEC standard languages and execute detailed documented testing in compliance with BMRC Solutions' quality system.
- Provide on-site start-up and commissioning, as well as on-going support of SCADA systems.
- Prepare specifications, operations and maintenance manuals for units supplied to customers.
- Conduct owner operations and maintenance training sessions.
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and repeat business; ability to interface directly with clients.
- Development of design documents, including Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), loop wiring diagrams, SCADA system architecture diagrams, specifications and instrument lists.
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours for SCADA start-up, commissioning and support activities as required by clients.
- Education & Qualifications
- Engineering degree in computer science, electrical engineering, instrumentation, mechatronics or equivalent from an accredited university required.
- Prior engineering consulting experience with a focus on Control Systems/SCADA integration projects.
- Experience executing projects in at least three of the following verticals: Automotive, Data Centres & Facilities, FMCG, F&B, Life Sciences, Marine, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Semiconductors/Foundries, Transportation or Water/Wastewater.
- Ability to write in advanced control system programming code such as Visual Basic, C#, SQL, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with industrial clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and scheduling programs.
If the above describes you and what you are passionate about, we would love to speak with you. Or, see our other openings.