The Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Consultant focuses on providing software engineering services for our clients implementing MES/MOM in their factories & laboratories.
The MES consultant will work on project teams to implement Batch and MES and is expected to perform various roles in the software development lifecycle, including requirements specifications, programming, software
validation and unit testing. In addition, this role requires close interaction with clients and the ability to work and communicate with both BMRC Solutions team members and external stakeholders.
In this role, you have the responsibility for supporting the delivery of technical and business solutions within an industrial project setting. You will be collecting client data, coordinating and participating in project activities and support the implementation of change strategies related to IT and business change for manufacturing clients. You will be deploying tools and techniques and industry best practices, conducting gap analyses to assess current and future states, organizational and behavioral change needs and develop solutions to close these information gaps. You will be instructed and given hands on training on how to implement various software packages and integration tools from leading vendors in this space enabling manufacturers to transform global production operations to achieve and sustain production and operational excellence. To succeed in this role, you would have naturally progressed in your career from a MES/MOM project engineering and consulting background.
- Fully apply knowledge of current automation technologies in the following disciplines: Field Instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, Historians, Batch, Recipe Management, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Virtualization and Integration Technologies – middleware, OPC, XML.
- Deliver elements of projects involving databases and integration tools while gaining a good understanding of project management skills : Scope, cost, quality and time.
- Write structured, well-documented, defect-free software code in multiple languages and execute detailed documented testing in compliance with BMRC Solutions' quality system.
- Provide on-site start-up and commissioning, as well as on-going support of Batch/MES/MOM systems.
- Prepare specifications, operations and maintenance manuals for units supplied to customers.
- Conduct owner operations and maintenance training sessions.
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and repeat business; ability to interface directly with clients.
- Development of design documents, including user requirements, functional design and software design specifications.
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours for SCADA start-up, commissioning and support activities as required by clients.
- Education & Qualifications
- Engineering degree in computer science, electrical engineering, instrumentation, mechatronics or equivalent from an accredited university required.
- Prior engineering consulting experience with a focus on Batch/MES/MOM & integration projects.
- Experience executing projects in at least three of the following verticals: Automotive, Data Centres & Facilities, FMCG, F&B, Life Sciences, Marine, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Semiconductors/Foundries, Transportation or Water/Wastewater.
- Ability to write in advanced programming code such as Visual Basic, C#, SQL, etc.
- Strong background in computer programming and familiarity with MES software packages such as Honeywell POMS/POMSnet, Werum PAS-X, Rockwell ProPack Data, Wonderware MES, Camstar, SAP MES or Emerson Syncade.
- Experience delivering Automation technology within the Pharmaceutical industry or other regulated industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and scheduling programs.
If the above describes you and what you are passionate about, we would love to speak with you. Or, see our other openings.